Friday, September 30, 2011

Full Immersion Blending


Dear Moll-

You know all too well that I am Scrooge McDuck stingy. I'm sure our recent conversation about the iphone still lingers in your head like a bad cold. I won't deny my thriftiness. In fact, I embrace it as a money-saver AND as a life simplification philosophy. In kitchen terms, this translates to "why have a bunch of expensive gadgets and what-nots if you can make do with the basics?"

So, if I'm sending you a kitchen tool which at first glance seems a little gadget-y, you know I think it's worth the money. And I do. That said, prepare to welcome the Kalorik Immersion Blender. (I know I sound like an infomercial. Sorry.) I heard about it from Christopher Kimball - and that man researches e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g inside & out. What's it good for? Smoothies, of which you are a huge fan - though I find you may want to slightly defrost larger fruit chunks (peaches) a bit before you blend. Soups: roasted sweet potatoes and other assorted veggies cooked in chicken broth and then blended. You've never tackled these before but as the winter descends you'll crave soup. You could even make the king of condiments, aka tomato jam. Add to all of this ease of cleaning (way easier than a blender), a pretty modest price, and availability on Amazon. Expect to receive your own Kalorik Stick Mixer next week. Enjoy!

xxoo, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment